At long last, I bring you the Kitchen Queen 480-tah dahhh!!
This is the first of a three part post. It contains the preparations we had to do to the house. The second post includes picking it up and putting it in the house. The third and final post covers putting it together and using it.
This first thing we had to do was remove the old stove. Wow-that’s really ugly looking back!
It lived on the back porch until we finally sold it.
We then had to cut up the floor and put in concrete posts that would stabilize a lot more weight that the original support structure.
You can see the post on the left, and Dad working on the right one. Go Dad!
After installing all the posts, we put a platform on top of them in order to make the stove level with the kitchen.
Whew! Gizmo wasn’t disturbed in the process.
We then installed the piping. We bought our new piping from Obidiah’s. We had heard nothing but good about them, and I’ll admit, Woody was wonderful to work with, but-keep my warnings in mind.
We had to replace the stove pipe we had because it was 6″, and the stove uses 7″
When we bought the piping, Arlis told them what we needed. We were told we were wrong and were sent a whole lot more.
We didn’t use half of it and sent what we didn’t need back for a full refund.
Up next, Part 2, bringing that sucker into the house!